Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Gabriel!

Having our oldest turn eight is making Ryan and I start to feel like we're not fresh out of college anymore. ;-) He is such a wonderful little guy - so thoughtful and kind, and with such enthusiasm and joy for even the little things in his life. Ryan and I had a wonderful time creating the Lego-themed party that he requested.

He invited a friend from school to his actual party, and my parents arrived in time for his birthday dinner. What a special day!

We gave him our present in the morning.

He was thrilled to see his new bike, his old one is definitely too small for him.
We'll put training wheels on it for John.







My attempt at chocolate-covered marshmallow Lego heads.




Gabriel and his friend can't help but make silly faces for the camera.

The  boys took turns placing Legos in a stack to see how high the tower could get before falling.






They enjoyed playing with the small Lego sets in their gift bags.

Christian eyeing his distressed looking marshmallow.

Flying Lego planes



The cake! Gabriel asked me to make a giant chocolate chip cookie,
just like I had my mom make for some of my childhood birthdays. 










2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your oldest child! There is something about that "8" that just seems so old. But really, how can that be since we are only 21?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Somehow the math just isn't working right . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete