Monday, October 22, 2012

Biking the Monon

I've wanted to bike at least part of Carmel's Monon Greenway ever since we moved here. With warm weather on its way out, I took advantage of our Monday morning babysitter to load my bicycle in the back of the van and drive to the Arts and Design District, which has a parking lot right next to the Greenway.

The District is a good place to end your ride, but an awful place to begin! The first quarter mile has all sorts of restaurants lining the path--and they were all calling my name. But I persevered, and once I left them behind me, I was rewarded with some lovely fall foliage. I had a great ride, though I hope I can go farther next time. Westfield, which is north of Carmel, maintains its own section of the Greenway, and Indianapolis also maintains an impressive section south of Carmel. So I could potentially bike all the way from Westfield to downtown Indianapolis. But I'll save that for another time. ;-)


I tried to use my iPhone to take a picture of myself while biking. Not a good idea!
This was taken when stationary, because I apparently can't steer straight while doing anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment